Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What They Don't Tell You About Vegas: Hard Water

As I come upon my 10 year anniversary of living in Las Vegas, I feel there are many good and bad things to share.  One of the things they don't tell you that is bad is the hard water situation.

The Las Vegas Water District doesn't find anything wrong with the hard water situation.  However, it does have a huge impact on how you live day to day.

First of all, it tastes so horrible it will send you running straight to the bottled water in the nearest store.  You will get a Brita pitcher and think all your problems are solved.  You don't stop to think about how much you use the water out of the tap and how the hard water stains are starting to ruin your life.  Your Kerig machine stops working, and your glass shower door looks terrible.  Your hair looks pretty bad too, and you spend more time in the shower on vacation just to get good hair days again.

Some people do the insane thing and get a water softener for their house, which is bananas expensive.  I'm not even sure if they work, if someone knows I'd be happy to hear from them.  I can't imagine it being worth the cost.

If I was starting all over to decide to move here, I wish someone would have told me about the hard water situation.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com