Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Linq, The High Roller, The New Vegas?

I've been down to the Linq three times now, and I'm still not sure where to park.  This is not really a tourist problem of course, so I'm sure it's one they aren't planning on solving anytime soon.  As it stands now, I park at the Caesars  parking garage and walk across the street.




There is much more than the High Roller to see down there.  Most of the shops are kitschy and overpriced, however a few places stand out that I would go out of my way for.  The Polaroid Fotobar is by far my most favorite place.  Bringing back real photos is kind of awesome.  I finally have photos at my desk to remind me of my family and my pets.  I also really like the new cardboard-like design, as I'm less likely to damage it.  It's a steal for 6 pictures at $6.00, so you'd be a fool not to get some.

Brooklyn Bowl is an awesome looking bar/restaurant/bowling alley/concert venue.  However, it is strictly a tourist trap.  I've heard that the prices are outrageous, and I didn't stick around to find out for sure.  It is a very nice bathroom however.


My favorite thing at the Linq is by far Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM.  If you haven't experienced this or even heard of it yet, this video basically explains it all.  What a time to be alive.

The cupcakes are also the best cupcakes I've ever had.  I don't know how they manage to keep them so moist in this Vegas desert, but they are fantastic.  If you are down there, you need to have one.

Of course, the big deal is the wheel;

There is some great 60's shag style art in the queue.  You just fly past because they anticipated bigger crowds then they got, but you should stop and admire them.


Once you get there (after getting your local's discount!), it's just great views all over!




You should go at least once, it's worth the price!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com