Thursday, May 9, 2013

Model Employee: Taking the Catwalk out of the Model

Y'all, I love model competitions.  This one has supermodel Chrissy Teigen, and it turns out these ladies are competing to be "The Face of Mandalay Bay."  Sadly that's not really a thing, but let's pretend for a minute that it's all good.

The twist to this is that they will be working the entry level jobs at Mandalay Bay to win  the non-existent prize.  Models don't do "work" so this will be an interesting show.


The first job up is to clean off the tables after a giant banquet held in one of the halls of the convention center.  The hideous carpet really gives the room away.  The Voice Over guy is really being mean about the models having their "first hour of work in their lives" when they spring on the girls that they are also going to wash all the dishes.

I'm going to level with you.  I'm not a model, but I would've walked off that show if they expected me to wash dishes.  When I was 16 I was a buser at a seafood buffet, and just carrying the plates to the back and dumping them was enough to put me off all fish until my mid-twenties.

These girls are better than me, because no one quits.  They do their share of complaining for sure, and they are watched and sort of evaluated on how they are cleaning dishes, and I just don't know if I'd want anyone judging me on how I wash dishes.  I just bought a new dishwasher that does all the work for me, so I would never touch that kind of stuff.

To be fair, they are living in a nice hotel room on the 61st floor, and they are giving them good food like lobster.  They seem to be nicer to each other, but the catty comes out quick enough.  One of the girls states she needs to get into "comfy heels" and I hate her already.

The next day their judges are revealed to be the Orbitz girl, Jimmy Smith, and the VP of Marketing, all of which were in attendance yesterday observing them "cleaning."  Chuck Bowling, the President of Mandalay Bay, is the one who makes the final choice however.  He says they need a spokesperson who needs to know about everything firsthand, which I guess is the whole point of this show.

Johanna is featured the most in this episode, for her loud mouth and big hair.  I sort of like her myself, but the judges don't have much to say in the way of nice.  Shannone, Aspen, Jasmine, and Alexis are the top ones, therefore they get to go to a wine tasting, and the rest get to be waitresses at the tasting.

The wine tasting is at Aureole in MB, home of the wine angels.  The top models fumble as they are called upon to actually know something about the resort.  They don't even wax poetic about it being an "Oasis of gaming and fun" they just stumble.  To be fair, the execs they are chatting up are annoying boring and stuck up.  The bottom get to be wine angels, and they basically freak out over doing it instead of having fun.

No one gets eliminated until next week, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com