Thursday, August 2, 2012

Greens & Proteins; Part Time Hipsters

I went on an extreme 2 week diet this past fortnight and so when The Neon Beast and I went out to eat, where I could eat was severely limited.  Enter Greens & Proteins.

As soon as we walked in we knew it had to be some kind of hipster joint.  How did we know?  Because there was a Starbucks a few doors down that had less people checked in on FourSquare.

The Neon Beast wanted to go crazy and order an ostrich burger, but sadly we were out.  We settled on a Bison burger instead, listed on the menu as 546 calories.  I have to admit, knowing it wasn't going to kill my diet made it even tastier. 

The decor was awesome, however I'm partial to lime green accents.  Or is it just neon green?  Anyway, green and dark wood are a nice combo, and the staff is super nice too.  I had an Apple Pie Smoothie and was asked if I wanted Soy or Almond milk.  I could honestly care less about which one it was, so I told them to just go with their gut.  Neon Beast had a a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana, and said it was great.  I plan on trying the Pumpkin Chai Late next.  At 334 calories, it would be worth it when I wasn't on a diet.

On a later trip he and I shared a Margarita pizza.  Normally my favorite kind of pizza, it was slightly messier than I like my pizza, but it was still decent.  It's the kind of place that has a vast enough menu that I can keep coming back and trying different things without going overboard and not being able to eat anything the rest of the day to save myself.

But I'll always come back for that Bison Burger.  Yum.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com