Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Need A Good Stiff Drink

In 2005, I was at Studio 54 and had the best dirty martini I'd ever had.  It was perfect, and it was the best thing I had all night.  I was a year into living in Las Vegas, and I thought it could only go up from there.

I haven't had a good drink since.

I'm not sure if it's the high volume of people going to bartender school, but 90% of the time when I walk into any bar at all and ask for a Toasted Almond, they have no clue what I'm talking about.  This is a drink that is every app I've downloaded for drinks, but no one seems to know what it is. By the way, it's part Kahlua, Amaretto, and Cream.

I was at Nu on a Thursday night the other week, and there was only one bartender in a very crowed place.  I took this into account for the delay in my drink order.  In fact, I waited longer for the waitress to bring my drink then I wait for most meals to arrive.  I ordered a drink that was a special to the place, hoping that they would try harder because they had created it.  It was delivered, and it was watered down blue kool-aid with not a hint of taste as to the alcohol that I had paid $13.00 for.

In the end I think this is what stopped me from clubbing often.  I kept paying so much for drinks that continue to disappoint, I just gave up.  I think back to my friend who would bring a flask into clubs and buy diet coke and mix it with her booze in the bathroom and it suddenly occurs to me that wasn't such an insane plan.

I challenge someone to please find me a place where the drinks are well made without costing a fortune in this town.  Please.  I'm so thirsty.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com