Sunday, April 10, 2011

A T-Rex in a Bathroom Stall

The past few years I've noticed bathrooms...evolving.  Now, I'm not the skinniest person in the world, but I'm far from the heaviest person out there.  I am amongst the shorter crowd, I clock in at about 5'2 1/2", but I've found lately that my knees will hit the door, and I have to do the awkward shuffle alongside the side of the toilet in order to even get the door closed.

Of course, on the strip this is never a problem, but I've found that it's starting to happen all over the city, and even on the way to L.A.  Have you been in the Barstow Starbucks Women's bathroom?  The door literally hits the toilet, it doesn't open all the way.  Is that even legal?

I also have to wonder what is going on with the toilet paper dispenser.  Sometimes it's so low, it has to hit the ground before we can roll it up.  I feel like I'm a T-Rex trying to use the restroom and not a normal sized person trying to use a normal sized stall.  Also, would it be too much to ask to have a paper cover that doesn't fall into the toilet right after you manage to get your pants down?

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

2 comments:

Gray said...

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm not a large person either, but I often find it a challenge squeezing myself into a stall. I don't think the people who design bathroom stalls ever actually "test drive" them, so to speak. If they did, they would realize their mistakes. I've been in stalls where I would have had to be double-jointed to get some toilet paper off the roll. Ridiculous.

Unknown said...

Yes, the roll is in the strangest places sometimes. The paper almost has to scrape the floor before you can start it rolling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com