Thursday, June 24, 2010

Retro Cupcakes: A Buttercream Dream

I pre-ordered some cupcakes from Retro Bakery this week, because I was going to be over in "god-forsaken land" for some Slider Truck. (I'll talk about Slider Truck later, promise)

Now, Retro Cupcakes is out there.  Like, far.  And they close at 6pm.  So, I had to call ahead.  By the time I got there, everything would've been gone.  At least that's what the Twitterverse told me.  So I panicked, and ordered the first 3 cupcakes I saw on the menu. 

Kari, one of the owners, greeting myself and my companion with a witty, fantastic sense of humor.  I would buy cupcakes from her, as well as go and have a drink with her, she seems like my type of girl.

I've pictured their cupcake Hop Scotch, a "Vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream dipped in butterscotch ganache" aka, heaven in a paper cupcake liner.  Sadly, I didn't see this one until I got there.  For sure, it's going to be on my list for the next time.  Check out their flickr account for the full set of cupcakes.

I'm a traditionalist, so the chocolate fountain was by far my favorite.  Never has a chocolate buttercream passed my lips that has been so decadent.  The cake was still moist, even after a few hours in the hot car and then getting them back to room temperature.  I have a feeling the desert does it's toll on these things, and they make them fresh everyday, which makes them perfect.

They are closed on Sundays, and then are taking a vacation from June 27th-July 7th, so hurry over to the ends of our earth and get some before then. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com