Monday, June 14, 2010

A Comedy of Spas

My winter soles were a looking a little thick, so I decided to ask the almighty Twitterverse where I could find a cheap pedicure.  Christopher from Las Vegas Critics steered me toward a place with $25 Spa Pedicures.   I went in to check the place out and make an appointment, and got one for 6:00 the next day.

Around 5pm the next day, I began doubting my 6:00 start time, and called them up to double check.  My intuition was correct, my appointment was for 6:30, not 6:00.  I arrived about 10 minutes early, as I try to do, only to find my girl has come down with chest pains and was taken to the hospital.  Apparently it happened shortly after I called to confirm.

They wanted to get my number so that I could make an appointment for another time, but I asked if anyone was available then.  They said it would be a 15 minute wait, so I waited.

The chairs were amazing!  Now, I think it's important to point out that I've never had a pedicure in Vegas.  In fact, I haven't had one in over 5 years.  All this massage chair stuff is all new and different to me.  This thing had so many buttons on it, it made my iPhone jealous.  Because it's a new fun gadget, I immediately attack it and try all the buttons.

Now, the reason I haven't had a spa treatment in such a long time is because I have reallllly sensitive skin.  I break out when I put 99% of lotions or perfumes on my body.  So as it is I have to rush home from my spa treatments and take a shower, which seems to defeat most of the purpose.  Every once in awhile though, it's nice.  Refreshing.

But the one thing that separates the good from the bad spas for me is the cuticles.  The cut, or the push back??  The ultimate difference.  My feeling is, if you expose skin by cutting, you are exposing it to more outside bacteria and the like.  I'm strictly a push-back girl.

She cut them.  It really bothers me.  Like, my toes still hurt.

This wasn't the girl that was supposed to be helping me though.  So for now, I'm not releasing the name of the Spa.  I'm going to give it another shot in the future with the actual woman who was recommended, then blog about it again.

I just hope she's alright.

2 comments:

Curvy Jones said...

and when you go back, make sure to tell her that you don't want them cut, you want them pushed back. I like mine that way too. You're paying for a service and they're YOUR feet. They'll do it however they normally do it unless you tell them something different.

Pretty toes!

Christopher said...

Once your cuticles are sanitized, trimming the dead cuticle shouldn't be a problem, but if you have sensitive feet or just don't want it, they can push them for you. Jay trims mine but I've never had them sore. That's not right at all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com