Thursday, May 13, 2010

Magazine Subscriptions

Recently, on a trip to L.A., I picked up Los Angeles Magazine for the drive home.  By the time we got home, I dropped off a post-card signing me up for a 2 year subscription.  It was fantastic, noting many long-standing traditions and activities for the locals to do.  Only a few pages were dedicated to the stars of Hollywood.  It was then I officially fell in love with moving to the LA area.

It almost takes me the whole month to read through the magazine.  I was actually enthralled with one article for 15 minutes before I realized it was an ad!   Hey, at least I got a great recipe out of it!

In contrast, the Las Vegas Magazine reads like a tourist guide.  I live here, I know exactly where CarrotTop is playing.  Of course, there are some locals that take pride in the fact that they never go on the strip and have no idea what's going on there.  Maybe this magazine is for them.  I'd like a magazine for locals, for local events!

Of course, the Las Vegas Magazine contains celebrity interviews from other magazines, only with an added paragraph about how they come to the 702 "frequently."

And the magazine is made in LA.  Did I mention that?

2 comments:

DL White said...

Would like one of those for Atlanta, minus the usual tourist traps like the CNN studios and World of Coke. BOO.

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to try out my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Norman

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com