Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Things They Don't Tell You About Moving To Vegas: You'll Forget What Dark Looks Like


Little things are still trickling in about how different Vegas is from anywhere else.  Recently I was driving home and realized how dark it was.  There are no streetlights in my neighborhood, and for the first time I had to turn on the brights in my car.

I forgot how dark the world could get.  Once there was supposed to be a meteor shower, and we drove out over two hours into the desert to see it.  We couldn't see anything.

I had blackout curtains and considered actually covering up my windows in the bedroom with tin foil like it was Alaska in the summer time.  I never got very good sleep because I could never get it dark enough to get that whole melatonin going.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com