Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Late Love Letter to Commonwealth @commonwealthlv

A few weeks ago I celebrated a friend's birthday at Commonwealth, which I had heard many good things about.


Okay, I'd read the Vegas Hipster's post about it.  But it was a glowing review, and I was excited that I was finally going to get a decent drink in this town.  I had a budget and car keys, so I really couldn't go all out, but I ordered a Son of Man. It is Hangar One Spiced Pear vodka, Berentzen Apple Liqueur, lemon, lime, simple syrup, and a lime soaked apple slice.  I'm not going to lie, I'm not such what any of those brands are, but I'm not exaggerating when I say it is the best drink I've had in the Las Vegas Valley.

I've talked before about how I hate how Vegas is about quantity and not quality when it comes to booze, but I felt that all my money was spent well on that drink.  If I hadn't been driving I would have kept trying everything on the menu.

I love the prohibition era decor and the fact that there is a rooftop patio and a speakeasy inside.  I didn't get a chance to look at either one, but if I need a good stiff drink again, this is the first place I'm going.  My only sadness is that it is downtown and I have to walk over dead/homeless bodies to get there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com