Thursday, September 13, 2012

Flaky Friends; the perfect name for a local Vegas business

At an event recently, I came across Sarah Flakes booth of plush animals, and instantly fell in love with them.

Sarah started making plushies for her kids when one of them wanted a purple pony, which I can imagine would be hard to find in any normal store.  So even though she didn't have any experience, she whipped up a purple pony that Christmas.

But her own account, it was hideous, but her child loved it.  As a matter of fact, the slightly crude handmade quality is what I loved about it.  I bought a fantastic shiny octopus I named Zazzles immediately.

Why yes, I do like Big Bang Theory.  Why do you ask?

Zazzles head droops a little far to the right, but I'm still totally in love.  The handmade quality and the little smile win me over.  She has many other animals/fruits/veggies she makes, so next time you are down at First Friday make sure to visit her and buy something.  Put that little kid who wanted a purple pony through college.

And how can you resist a line that's called Flaky Friends; Plush With Issues?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com