Monday, August 27, 2012

Winder Farms

A little over a year ago a friend turned me onto Winder Farms.  They deliver groceries to your door once a week, and they have a great variety to choose from. 

I wish I had done this review a year ago, because frankly I was far more excited about it then.  I was so thrilled that this fantastically delicious milk was coming direct to my door, as the Neon Beast and I drink milk about 2 gallons a week.  Winder's milk is a little more expensive than running over to Albertson's or Walmart, but it is so much better tasting!  It nearly ruins me for other milk, as their 2% tastes almost like whole milk.

They also have produce boxes that change every week depending on what's good, and recipes on the box in case you have no idea what to do with a giant jicama.

Even though I shouldn't be having any of this, their desert bread and cookies are so good.  If you try it out, the pumpkin chocolate chip bread and the lemon cookies are the place to be.

How does it work, you ask?  They come in the middle of the night like the tooth fairy.  Instead of a cutesy pillow with a pocket in it, you set out their Winder Farms giant cooler on your porch.  In the dead of night (or at least around 1 or 2 AM) they come with ice and your produce and stick it in.  If you are a night owl like me, when you hear their truck you run for the door and bring all your stuff inside.

If you sleep at night like a normal person, then the next morning you wake up and pick it up with the morning paper.  I know, that's silly.  Who reads a real paper anymore?

Either way, you really don't want to leave it out too long, especially in the dead of summer.  The cooler does a valiant job, but it can only do so much in 114 degree weather.  Respect the food, and it will respect you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com