Friday, January 14, 2011

There Goes the Neighborhood

Last week, for no reason at all, my neighbors left their house.  Left as in shut the electricity down, took the dog, left.  For a whole week.

In our neighborhood we have driveway lights that go on with the rest of the neighborhood, and according to the rules, we must keep them lit.  They took the lights out, even the lights out of the lit address box.

I got used to how awesome it was, not hearing them neglect their dog so that he continued to bark.  The kids going outside and shooting a football dangerously near my front windows and garage.  The friends constant illegal parking so that I couldn't get out of my driveway.  It was so nice while it lasted.

They did leave their decrepit old sedan out in their driveway.  It has a side view mirror is only hanging out by a couple of wires, and no license plate.  At some point during their residence, this became their only car, which obviously does not run.  So, in the last few months, they have been walking across the street to the supermarket, and bringing the cart back to the house.  And leaving it there.  For a week.

I did not pay good money for a nice house so I could look out the window and see a shopping cart.  If I wanted that, I would've stayed in the trashy apartments I lived in for years because it was cheap.

So, this week they came back.  They put the bulbs back in, the kids started yelling in the street again.

And less than 24 hours later, another cart was in the faux-de-sac.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com